AREA & ORIENTAL RUG CLEANINGWe offer rug cleaning in Salt Lake City in-home or in our facility
Professional Rug Cleaning in Salt Lake City
Area rugs add a beautiful touch to any room, but they receive a high amount of foot traffic and can quickly become dirty. Let Precision Chem-Dry bring the vibrant colors and patterns back to your rugs with our area rug cleaning in Salt Lake City, UT, and the surrounding areas. Our experienced team of technicians can clean almost any area rug, and they will have it looking wonderful again.
We can clean your rug right in your home or in our shop. We offer area rug pickup & delivery services!
Address: 150 W 4800 S #6 Murray UT 84107 (Appointment Required)
Our 13-Step Rug Cleaning Process
1. Vacuum thoroughly, as appropriate: face, back, face or dusting.
2. Test again for colorfastness (preferably overnight), with the highest pH cleaning solution to be used.
3. Decide on the cleaning method to be used, based on fiber content, delicacy and colorfastness:
a. Dry cleaning (specialized in-plant or hand dry solvent cleaning)
b. Dry compound cleaning (Host®, Capture®)
c. Shampoo and wet vacuum
e. Hot (cool, acid) water extraction
f. Combination acid shampoo and acid (warm, cool) extraction rinse
g. Power washing
h. Submersion cleaning, as appropriate
5. Apply post-cleaning treatment, as required. Groom with a finishing comb to lay pile uniformly in one direction for drying.
6. Extraction or wringing.
7. Hang on a rug pole, or lay the rug out flat on a clean surface. Dry thoroughly with forced air movement both under and over the rug.
8. Hand-clean fringe after drying (partial drying):
a. Lay out rug on a clean table or floor surface.
b. Apply an appropriate fringe cleaning solution (color remover or reducing agent).
c. Agitate fringe away from the rug’s pile for uniform chemical distribution.
d. Allow 5-10 minutes of dwell time.
e. Rinse with a cool, acid solution.
f. Wet vacuum all excess moisture from fringe and pile edges; blow dry as appropriate.
9. After thorough drying, vacuum the pile.
10. Quality inspection; correct problems, as possible.
11. Roll and wrap in colorfast Kraft paper.
12. Store properly until picked up by customer or delivered.
13. Lay the rug according to customer preference; replace pad as necessary; final groom for best appearance.
What Contaminants are Hiding in Your Rugs?
Similar to carpets and upholstered furniture, area rugs act as air filters for the home, trapping dirt and allergens and preventing those unhealthy elements from circulating to other rooms. But area rugs are only able to do this properly if they are maintained and kept clean.
Just as an air filter for your home ventilation system needs to be regularly replaced, your carpets, upholstery, and area rugs need to be regularly cleaned. Precision Chem-Dry’s rug cleaning in Salt Lake City, UT, and the surrounding Davis and Utah County areas is your best bet for removing things from your rug and making them clean once again!
Restore Your Beautiful Area or Oriental Rug Today!
We serve Salt Lake City, Sandy, South Jordan, Draper, Herriman, Riverton, West Jordan, Cottonwood Heights, Murray, Holladay, Taylorsville, West Valley, and the surrounding areas
Call Precision Chem-Dry Now!